This is a dark and rich chocolate mug cake that I think you’ll love! You can adjust the sweetener to taste, or replace the powdered unsweetened dark chocolate cocoa powder with regular unsweetened cocoa powder, and if you don’t like coffee you can leave the espresso out.
2 Tbsp salted butter
2 Tbsp extra fine almond flour
2 tsp coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 Tbsp erythritol
2 Tbsp unsweetened dark chocolate cocoa powder
1 tsp espresso powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Place the butter into a large coffee mug, microwave for 20 seconds, then in 10 second intervals until the butter is melted.
- Add the dry ingredients first, then add the egg and vanilla extract and mix thoroughly.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Top with whipped cream (recipe below) and sprinkle a dash of espresso powder on top.
Homemade Keto Whipped Cream
1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
2 Tbsp powdered erythritol
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- Place metal mixing bowl and mixing blades in freezer to chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove once chilled, then pour the heavy whipping cream, erythritol, and vanilla into the chilled bowl and mix on high speed until medium to stiff peaks form, usually in about 1 minute.
- Do NOT overbeat, or you will begin to make sweetened butter.