If you love cinnamon rolls, this is the mug cake for you! There’s a little more work involved in this than in the normal mug cake recipe, but the payoff is worth it…buttery cinnamon mug cake and a delicious cream cheese frosting that reminds you of Cinnabon. Delicious!
First make the cream cheese frosting and set aside, then make the mug cake.
Keto Cream Cheese Frosting
8 ounces full-fat cream cheese, room temperature
1 stick salted butter, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup powdered erythritol
1 tbsp heavy cream, if needed
- Add the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla to a large mixing bowl and, using a hand mixer, combine until smooth
- Add the powdered erythritol and start by using a spoon to mix together. Once the erythritol is starting to blend in, use a hand mixer to fully incorporate.
- If the frosting is too thick, add the tablespoon of heavy cream and blend again. You can add more or less heavy cream to reach your desired consistency.
- Place in a sealed container and refrigerate. This lasts up to two weeks. Bring to room temperature to use.
Buttery Cinnamon Mug Cake
3 Tbsp butter
4 Tbsp finely ground almond flour
2 tsp coconut flour
2 Tbsp erythritol
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp water
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp erythritol
- Mix topping in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place butter into a microwave safe bowl, microwave for 30 seconds, then in 10 second intervals untilcompletely melted.
- Mix dry ingredients in a small bowl, then add to melted butter, then add the egg, water, and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Place half the mixture into a large coffee mug, sprinkle with half the topping, then add the remaining mixture and sprinkle the rest of the topping on it.
- Microwave on high for 60 seconds, until the mug cake is puffed and barely cooked through. You want this to be gooey!
- Remove and top with keto cream cheese frosting, enjoy!