This is a super simple but amazingly delicious recipe! It’s a great side for any keto main dish, and is quite good on its own.
Buttered Garlic Cabbage
6 Tbsp butter
1/4 cup diced onion
4 cloves garlic, minced or 2 Tbsp minced roasted garlic
1 medium head cabbage, shredded
salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a large skillet that has a lid.
- Add the chopped onion and minced roasted garlic and saute over medium heat until the onion is translucent.
- Add the shredded cabbage and stir to thoroughly coat with the butter mixture, then place lid on the skillet.
- Saute for 5 minutes, remove lid and stir the cabbage well.
- Cover with the lid again, and saute for 5 more minutes.
- Test cabbage to be sure it’s tender. If not tender, saute for a few more minutes, checking frequently.
- Cabbage should still be bright green and tender when done.