There are a lot of mashed cauliflower recipes out there, and they’re all delicious! For my cooking class, however, I wanted to come up with something a bit different that would be elegant and perfect for holiday dinners. I think this is it! It’s delicious, easy, and will be a hit at any gathering.
Ready for the recipe? Well, here you go!
Baked Pancetta Mashed Cauliflower
2 pounds cauliflower florets
1/2 stick salted butter, room temperature
8 ounces full-fat cream cheese, room temperature
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
16 ounces diced pancetta
1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
1 1/2 cups shredded Gruyere cheese
1/2 cup diced green onions or scallions
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Steam cauliflower until tender. Steaming is better than boiling since it leaves less water in the cauliflower. Drain well and place in food processor.
- Add butter, cream cheese, and seasonings and process until smooth with no lumps.
- Cook pancetta in frying pan over medium high heat until crisp. Set aside.
- Place the cauliflower mixture in a large bowl and add 1 cup of each cheese, half of the diced green onions, and the pancetta, reserving 1/4 cup to sprinkle on top and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the cauliflower mixture in a greased 9×13 casserole dish and spread evenly.
- Scatter remaining cheese evenly over the top of the cauliflower mixture, then bake for 30 minutes until it’s bubbling on the edges.
- Cool for 15 minutes, then sprinkle with remaining diced green onions and pancetta before serving.